Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On 11/16/2012 06:39 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> I would have it add an invisible watermark to the image. This would
> not prevent theft - just as a visible watermark won't - but would
> make it a lot easier to track theft automatically with a crawler.

This is a useful hint, but what if one wants the watermark to be visible?

The point is that there are some people who use GIMP to edit bunches of
non XCF files with tools which are not available in other open source
applications (layers, masks, filters, etc.).
To this people, having a fast workflow is essential, and for them GIMP
2.8 behaves more poorly than 2.6.

If the GIMP developers have decided that they don't want to support
these users, fine; they have their reasons and -- although I disagree --
I see there is no way to change their decision, so I won't insist longer.

Just please don't tell people that their needs are wrong only because
you don't feel the same needs.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--