Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

> changes to the way things have been done before. But it'd also be nice if
> broader workflows could be taken into account. Here's mine:
>
> 1. Convert from RAW in other software. Save my originals there.
> 2. Select a dozen or so image for touchup work. Make jpg copies.
>    (Occasionally, TIFF.)
> 3. Open all of those copies in gimp, make my adjustments (generally 5-15
>    minutes of work each), and close each as I'm done.

So you are dumping your changes after editing and can't adjust them
later. It is precisely the kind of workflow we call unsafe. We
provided a secondary workflow to deal with that to a certain extent.
Beyond that it's in the hands of community if they want the old
scenario back and maintain some sort of a fork.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org