Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Karl Günter Wünsch wrote:

> To me it seems you have lost any perspective whatsoever why people would
> want to use GIMP - they do so because they know their way around the
> tool, if it doesn't declare war on their workflow - which you are doing
> by declaring it the "wrong tool" for small tasks. What makes you the
> judge, jury and executioner in this case of "developer opinion" against
> "user workflow"?

Oh hey! Some good old-fashioned overreacting right here :)

Alexia is one of GIMP developers. You've been using results of her
work since 2.6 that you hold so dear to yourself.

> What if I want to add a layer with my watermark to every photo?

Would you like me to introduce you to Phatch or dozens of other batch
processing tools that are way better for that task than GIMP?

I dare say your example works perfectly to illustrate the "wrong tool" concept.

> For me this only means: I'm a book author for photography books and in
> these I usually add some sort of recommendations on which tools on the
> computer side would be worthwhile having around, my coauthor has up to
> now recommended Adobe programs and I was sort of inclined to include
> free alternatives like the GIMP. With GIMP 2.8 I have decided against
> doing that because I cannot support your narrowed view which workflow is
> worthwhile and which isn't...

And I thank you for being honest with us.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org