Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 06:13:04PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > 1. Convert from RAW in other software. Save my originals there.
> > 2. Select a dozen or so image for touchup work. Make jpg copies.
> >    (Occasionally, TIFF.)
> > 3. Open all of those copies in gimp, make my adjustments (generally 5-15
> >    minutes of work each), and close each as I'm done.
> So you are dumping your changes after editing and can't adjust them
> later. It is precisely the kind of workflow we call unsafe. We

Right. It's like clearing my undo history. I understand that. However, in
the case where I decide I want to do something different, it's easy for me
to start from the original again. Since the one thing (close images after
working on them) I do *all the time*, and the other is very rare, I want to
optimize for my daily use. I'm clearly not alone in this.

> provided a secondary workflow to deal with that to a certain extent.

How do I enable that secondary workflow?