Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 06:37:38PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Exporting/Overwriting + configurable shortcuts.
> http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes

Right, that I'm familiar with.

> And there is Akkana's script:
> http://shallowsky.com/blog/gimp/gimp-save-export-clean.html

And that I wasn't. Nice. It is worth pointing out that Akkana articulates
the two use cases nicely on that page:

   Sometimes I use GIMP in the way the developers are encouraging, adding
   dozens of layers, fonts, layer masks and other effects. Much more often,
   I use GIMP to crop and rescale a handful of JPG photos I took with my
   camera on a hike.

I realize that this is a polarized issue. But I don't think the developers
would lose any face to admit that, okay, this other use case is common and
should be covered.