Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On 16/11/12 16:39, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Oh hey! Some good old-fashioned overreacting right here :)
No, just my honest opinion on what has happened. I'm a software
developer myself and if I ever lose the perspective of how my programs
are used by the users and place my notion of how they are supposed to be
used over the feedback I get from them - well I'd be out of work fast,
especially if I don't listen to them and if necessary put my own ego
aside and do the right thing, even if this means revising decisions
taken earlier...

> Alexia is one of GIMP developers. You've been using results of her
> work since 2.6 that you hold so dear to yourself.
So she is infallible?

>> What if I want to add a layer with my watermark to every photo?
>
> Would you like me to introduce you to Phatch or dozens of other batch
> processing tools that are way better for that task than GIMP?
They are? How would you make the batch processing tool chose position
and type of watermark in a way that the photo remains presentable and on
the other hand prevents theft at the same time? They can't so they are
the wrong tool for the job at hand.
So you say that GIMP has become a bad tool for tasks that really need
layers and you want to discourage me to use it in ways that previously
worked flawlessly?
---
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch