Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm mattdm org> wrote:

>    Sometimes I use GIMP in the way the developers are encouraging, adding
>    dozens of layers, fonts, layer masks and other effects. Much more often,
>    I use GIMP to crop and rescale a handful of JPG photos I took with my
>    camera on a hike.
>
> I realize that this is a polarized issue. But I don't think the developers
> would lose any face to admit that, okay, this other use case is common and
> should be covered.

the second usecase is not a usecase for GIMP. Even I do not use GIMP
in this maner. I use Digikam's builtin minieditor for this. Or phatch
for batch work... You can use gimp for this, but do not expect it to
be convenient. you are just using the wrong tool.