Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Karl Günter Wünsch
<kgw mineralien-verkauf de> wrote:
> If I am editing an image to my liking I usually need several sizes and
> sometimes even aspect crops. Since sharpening is the last step in almost
> all of my workflows I end up creating a master (saved as XCF) which I
> don't want to mess up further. That master I open and scale and sharpen
> as I like, save the result (err. export the result) and toss it to start
> again - now it prompts me to create yet another XCF which I will never
> ever need, I have a master copy - which I may in fact lose if I happen
> to hit the save short cut because being in a hurry!

This is a familiar workflow  for me. I do this very often. Exporting a
view of the master is a task for the future nondestructive editing. It
should not require a creation of a new document. Some day it probably
wont. And you will be ble to create several export graphs for your
image too... This export/save separation is just one step on this way.
We wont get to fully nondestructive editing today, but we will, some
day. And unless you do not wish us to release anything for a next
decade or two untill we get there, the interim inconvenience needs to
just be lived with...

--
--Alexia