Re: [Gimp-developer] Save/export, option to go back to old behaviour

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Karl Günter Wünsch
<kgw mineralien-verkauf de> wrote:
> For me this only means: I'm a book author for photography books and in
> these I usually add some sort of recommendations on which tools on the
> computer side would be worthwhile having around, my coauthor has up to
> now recommended Adobe programs and I was sort of inclined to include
> free alternatives like the GIMP. With GIMP 2.8 I have decided against
> doing that because I cannot support your narrowed view which workflow is
> worthwhile and which isn't...

GIMP can not support all workflows equally well - it can not be a
breadknife and a scalpel at the same time. Right now, GIMP is a lousy
scalpel. It has a ton of flaws that makes many people use it as a
breadknife. But at least it seems to know what it wants to be. Even
among commercial producs there is specialization AFAIK. There is
Painter, Photoshop and Lightroom -  each with their own usecases - and
I can not belive that you would recomend people use the wrong tool for
the task at hand.

--
--Alexia