Re: [Evolution] Idealism face plants against asphalt [Was: downloads page]

On Tue, 2013-08-27 at 00:25 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On 26 August 2013 23:55, Tom Davies <tomdavies04 yahoo co uk> wrote:
        Is that why people are getting so defensive about Evolution's
        inability to provide what every other project seems to be able
        to provide?

The current software set available in most Linux distros runs to
several thousand packages. A typical installation runs to several
hundred of these. For example my laptop currently has 1647 installed
packages, of which *not a single one* was downloaded from a
package-specific download site, i.e. the entire set came from distro
repositories. The number of widely-used software projects which
support Linux and have individual multi-distro binary download sites
independent of the "official" repositories are at most in the 10's,
being mainly things like Libreoffice, Thunderbird, Vlc etc. which are
multi-platform (i.e. not Linux-specific).

Sorry, I'm aware that I shouldn't send a duplicated message, if I
randomly didn't select the correct account that is used to subscribed to
this list, so just an acception, I don't do it for other mails I sent
today.