Re: [Evolution] downloads page

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 11:57 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
I do remember it well.  I was wondering if you did.

Likely. But why did you ask if you knew the answer already?

The line that stuck with me was "The team's manpower is still severely
limited " and i foolishly thought that was something you were keen to
change.

Sure, more *good* developers are good. It did not sound like you talked
about developers though, but more about users.

The question would then be "how do we increase the teams 'man'power".
However it is becoming clearer and clearer that the opposite is true.

Increasing (wo)manpower for the sake of increasing (wo)manpower won't
solve problems. Bringing good people into the project, helping them
grow, and making it attractive to stick around sounds like a better way
to achieve increasing (wo)manpower as a side effect.

This project seems keen to exclude outsider and make sure that new
people are discouraged from taking part.

If input comes across as "I know better than you what your needs are and
how you can achieve them" though input was meant to be helpful, such an
impression can unfortunately be created. I guess you are simply (still)
more idealistic than e.g. me, which can create misunderstandings.

How would you like to actively take part, and how can we help you?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/