Re: [Evolution] Idealism face plants against asphalt [Was: downloads page]

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 20:54 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
So when i want to use Evolution i need to reboot the machine into a
different distro?  I guess i might be able to use a virtual machine
right?
Do you have a list of distros i can use Evolution on?

Install openSUSE
zypper ar -f obs://GNOME:STABLE:3.8/openSUSE_12.3 GS3
zypper dup --from GS38

Works great.  I'm always as close to current as I want to be.

And, no doubt, there are ways to do this on other distributions.  I do
not know about them [nor do I much care].  All I know about other
distros is that Ubuntu people are constantly constantly griping about
how that linux-for-humans distributions is borking them up [and at the
same time saying it is awesome...].   I've nominated a motto for
openSUSE of "LINUX for people who need to get work done", but I that
probably is two much of a snub. :)

<http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blog/2013/04/gnome-3-8-for-opensuse-12-3-go-get-it/>

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383