From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf mardorf rocketmail com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Monday, 26 August 2013, 20:31
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Idealism face plants against asphalt [Was: downloads page]

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 20:15 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
> If "users will never compile anything" then why are we expected to do
> so?

Users very often compile by their own, this is common practise for *nix
systems.

> So how are users expected to get the latest versions of Evo?  Just
> wait until whichever distro i use happens to upgrade?

If you need latest version of Evolution, then use a distro that does
provide this. I already mentioned that Arch Linux does provide latest
binaries.

_But_ a default Arch Linux has got no default mail user agent, it even
comes without a default desktop environment, since a default install
even comes without X.

You have the choice to use what ever *nix, e.g. Linux distro you'll use
or not use.

_If_ you can't talk to the team of your distro, than use another distro.
_If_ no Linux distro's team is interested in your opinion, try another
*nix, e.g. FreeBSD or completely don't use a *nix.