Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 09:15 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
And I think it extremely rude for someone to effectively say "I want to
say something but I can't be arsed to find out what anyone else has to
say. My time is more important than yours so please send the messages
directly to me to save me the effort of finding out."

Since we're in a string announcement period leading up to a release, I
was asked to post details of the changes to both gnome-i18n and
gnome-doc-list.

I'm not subscribed to those lists, and I don't need to be. If I *did*
subscribe, I'd almost never look in those folders anyway. Am I being
"extremely rude" when I do what I was asked to do, and post the
notification there?

I expect that if anyone has any questions or feedback to my post,
they'll be sensible enough to keep me in Cc when they reply.

And what if they don't -- if they reply only to the *one* list through
which they happened to receive the copy of the message that they hit
reply on?  Well, in that case they're not just dropping *me* from the
thread; they're also dropping the other mailing list too, and needlessly
balkanising the discussion.

--
dwmw2