Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 17:15 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
What I'm suggesting is that we retarget "Reply to All" (Shift-Ctrl-R)
and the button to be, instead "Reply Publicly" (or you can keep it
named "Reply to All" for all I care).  This button would DTRT based on
the message, to send a public reply.  So, in this mode replies to
mailing lists with List-Post headers would go there only.  Otherwise
it behaves as today.

There are other ways that "reply publicly" might be implemented, just
like there are multiple ways "forward message" might be implemented,
and I suggested that we can have a drop-down list next to the "reply
publicly" button allowing, on a per-instance basis, a different
choice, similar to the one we have today for "forward message".

I quite like this. It has the benefit of simplicity and in the UI
dimension is consistent with how Forward is done.

poc