Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list
- From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org>
- To: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:21:23 +0100
On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 14:51 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
How is that different from the table (with your amendments)?
It's not. It's just a simpler way of saying it. An even simpler way is:
- Ctrl-R replies privately to the sender, using their Reply-To: or From:
- Ctrl-Shift-R replies to all recipients (and the sender).
- Ctrl-L replies to the one mailing list from which *you* happened to
receive *this* copy of the message, if it can work that out.
Otherwise it acts like Ctrl-Shift-R does.
- Oh, but beware that there are some mailing lists with a dirty hack
which tries to trick your mailer into replying publicly to the list,
when you asked for a private reply. There's an option to ignore the
evil Reply-To: header in that case, and pretend it doesn't exist.
If we just take that and add an option to add 'Reply to List' to the
toolbar instead of 'Reply to All', how does that work for you?
In addition to rather than instead of, to avoid mutable toolbars, but
that's more a matter of personal taste.
I concede to not really caring. I get the impression that there is
resistance to the idea of adding more stuff to the toolbars, so we're
more likely to get away with *changing* the 'Reply to All' button to act
as 'Reply to List', based on a user configuration choice.
] [Thread Prev