Re: Sozi integration

Greetings, Paul Chavent!

3) the hardcoded SOZI_PATH wont work with free installation path
I've tested with the configure option "--with-sozi-path=" pointing to a
 path that contains the sozi player files (sozi.version sozi.js
sozi_extras_media.js and sozi.css). It works as expected. However, i've
changed the messages to be more concise in case of failure.

This is not what I meant. A fixed path at compile time is only working on
Unix. For Windows and OS X the user can install the packages is a directory
of his choice. Plug-in and configutation placement is deduced at runtime
from relative paths, see e.g. usage of dia_get_data_directory().

I'm not sure that the user would like to give a path relative to the Sozi
installation path. The sozi-path should be the installation path to the Sozi
player that will probably be independent of the Dia path.

For instance : ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--with-sozi-path=/home/work/sozi/build/player

Do you think that we should constrain the user to put the Sozi player files
in a plugin subdirectory of the Dia installation path ?

I think you don't understand each other, and asking different questions.
When building application, it is undesirable to move source code around,
it should just build off the specified paths, or some sane defaults (or just
disable the relevant part, if no relevant code can be found). Out of the tree
building process is also commonly considered as good practice. Less crap in
source tree - less chances to screw things badly.
When application is run, building paths are bit a note in debug symbols, and
normal OS mechanics are used to find and load necessary shared libraries.

In this case, I remove the configure option, the code checks in the Dia
installation path the player files, and it fallbacks to the internal player
if they are not present.

What is your suggestion ?

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 24.01.2015, <04:22>

Sorry for my terrible english...