Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 13:29 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Raphael Slinckx wrote:
>
> I will add tables for your stuff (.Desktop file contents and web
> bookmarks) to its DB for future use.
>
> If there's anything else you need indexing let me know...

Well to be a bit more precise:
* in .desktop files i index the name and description (with the Exec too)
in both user locale and C locale
* Browser bookmarks url+title, Browser history title+url and possibly
the date, and also Browser integrated search engines, title+url+"smart
url"

I think the rest is nearly instantaneous and won't require indexing
right now.

In the future, indexing recently-used files may prove worthwhile.

Raf