Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet
- From: Raphael Slinckx <raphael slinckx net>
- To: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: Deskbar Applet List <deskbar-applet-list gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:19:18 +0200
On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 13:01 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Tracker is still under developement and for 2.14 I am hoping to
> optionally integrate Tracker into Nautilus (for metadata and search) and
> possibly Gnome-VFS to get Vfolders style functionality.
That is fantastic, exactly the kind of thing we would need ! I suppose
adding browser stuff in it wouldn't be much of a pain.
> So as my work is cut out for me, I probably wont be able to provide what
> you want in the 2.14 timeframe but for 2.16 it should be realistic.
Point taken, so until 2.16 we should find a temporary solution, maybe a
good temporary solution is not to change anything.. who knows.
It's also worth mentionning that in theory, deskbar could work with
beagle only, but in practice, beagle isn't installed by default
everywhere, beagle is not production ready, and filtering the returned
results vie the libbeagle seems uneasy. Beale indexes browser bookmarks,
history and .desktop files (at least it used to, now it doesn't seem to
] [Thread Prev