Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2005 à 18:32 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele a
écrit :
> Hi,
>

> > >  That excludes lots of users, me being the first.
> >
> > I'm sad to here it. Fully understood : you don't care about many of us
> > (users. You don't mind ruining everyone else improvements. You're right,
> > time is not to improvements, please everyone unsuscribe
> > performance-list.
>
> You are overreacting a little.  Raphael is making the point that this is
> optional - if you don't add the appet to your panel, you won't incur the
> memory loss.  So how would he be ruining other people's improvements ?

Of course i'm overreacting. I'm quotting Davyd :

"Inclusion into Desktop should not be a sign of any particular standard
or quality, but simply that it is a critical piece of software that a
desktop should not be without."

> Settle down - you're being too antagonistic about this and it's making
> the discussion go nowhere.

then don't tell me the discussion about VM-based languages is over. I
started answering this thread with real statistics about memory usage. I
then said i don't think deskbar-applet will one day take less than 20MB
or resident memory.

So my real point is : __I__ think 22MB of memory usage for a single
applet (applet according Davyd's definition) is unaffortable. No applet
should take more than 10MB (shared and non-shared). I'm running 10
applets, how could i run 10 applets each taking 22MB ?

--
Je cherche un emploi de développeur / admin sys&réseau sous GNU/Linux
http://fr.lolix.org/search/cv/cv.php3?id=7101