Re: [Deskbar] Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 17:17 +0200, Benoît Dejean wrote:
> Is deskbar-applet designed so that other programs in other languages can
> make searches ? Is there a seperate backend ?

The current architecture is quite flexible. The core of deskbar basically consists
of a ModuleList/ModuleLoader and a plugin api. You can initialize the whole shebang
(async/sync backends and callbacks) with < 10 lines of python, and be ready to search.

At the moment of writing the
GUI is not *completely* separated from the searching interface, but that is
likely (and easy) to change... Exporting services over dbus will not be
a major undertaking - I haven't discussed this with the other devs
though, but I will.

> (What about beagle ?)
We have a beagle plugin based on libbeagle (by Raphael Slinckx)
-bindings. An it rocks I might add; I had no idea beagle was this fast.
I mean seriously fast.

Cheers
Mikkel