Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 10:43 -0800, comomolo wrote:

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > "We" refers to the Banshee community, which you seem to be addressing.
> > "You" refers to just you, who is throwing a tantrum on a mailing list.
> >
> Uhmmm, then I'm also part of "we"... Revise your logic.
"Banshee community, which you seem to be addressing". You're not
addressing yourself are you? By my logic, you're excluded from "we" in
this context.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > Find my insults and quote them, go on.
> >
> "spiteful", "childish", "throwing tantrums"... And the overall tone of every
> paragraph you have directed to me. It's funny you're accusing me of bad
> manners...

I was just being blunt about the way you were acting. Granted, your
first few posts didn't really show any form of rudeness.

However, you were making a big fuss about the video portion being there,
saying that Banshee was made as a music library manager, and not a media
library manager, and how it should stay that way, even though the video
specific features did not add much (if any) bloat to Banshee itself. You
also did not state how exactly this bothered you in your experience of
using Banshee, even though it was asked.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > And by the way, I wasn't the one who mentioned that you were showing
> > aggressive behaviour.
> >
> Yeah, many do without explaining it. I've explained my reasons when I was
> requested for them (despite the fact that I find them obvious). No one has
> yet explained what has been so impolite of me.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > If I were to describe your behaviour, I'd say that you were demanding for
> > something in a rather impolite manner
> >
> Why impolite? Because I plainly say it's bad? Sorry I didn't know this was
> the Versailles palace... :-) Again: I'm waiting to be told how and were I
> offended anyone.

Reading back through this entire thread, I can't locate any specific
place where you were being particularly offensive or anything. But what
I can say is that while reading it, I did feel pretty irritated, and
that could probably be attributed to the general tone of most of your
that's just my opinion.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > from people who are not obliged to reply.
> >
> So don't! (like someone else told me exactly...)

Good idea. I'll make this my last then. Saves me precious seconds of my
life wasted on this thread.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > Please don't misunderstand. I'm not angry at all.
> >
> Wow, I wonder how it is when you are, then...

When I'm angry, I lose my composure and start dishing out personal
attacks, and baseless statements =)

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > I don't know which part of the code you're supposed to look at.
> >
> Ahhhh, if you had said that single line at the very beginning and forgot
> about the rest, we would have saved soooo much time...
If you had considered the people you were addressing, you'd have saved
even more time. Had you given any consideration at all, you'd realize
that the first reply would be "Why?" as opposed to a straight answer to
your question.

> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> >
> > Well, considering I can agree with them and you can't, just shows that
> > the problem's on your side.
> >
> Again: revise your logic.

I'd ask you to do the same, considering you didn't even show me what's
wrong with my logic.
> Anyone wanting to explain exactly how did I offend this community, please?
> As I said, I'm ready to apologize if I'm pointed how and where I was rude.
> But since that could take us into a whirl of what each considers offensive
> or not (including my fellow compatriot) let me advance that saying a
> particular design is bad or defining the addition of video to Banshee as
> "bloat and clutter" can be considered somewhat "non-constructive" criticism,
> but that's a looong way from bad manners in my book and I won't apologize
> for that because I do think it and I sustain that opinion.
>
> Regards,
>
> CM
Granted, you were criticizing Banshee in a non-constructive way, but to
those who look at Banshee as a wonderful piece of software, and even
more so, the developers, such non-constructive criticism can be viewed
as offensive.

Bad manners refers to the air of superiority and arrogance you
maintained in some of your posts, specifically your post on this date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 00:56:48 -0800 (PST).

Now, as I had said above that I'd make this my last post, I rest my
case. Have a nice day everyone.
--
Chow Loong Jin