Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

Alan McGovern-2 wrote:

>> If "OSS development" is so picky about criticism then no, I don't really
>> want to participate.
>
> Then don't.

I won't and it wasn't my intention anyway. Since you've read the thread so
carefully, you'll see I was asking for a way to remove the video portion
myself. How this can be considered rude is beyond me.

Alan McGovern-2 wrote:

> Bear in mind that you started off on this thread in a very aggressive
> manner.

You keep saying that and I keep asking for specifics. It's pretty obvious we
have different sensitivities (cultural differences maybe?) but these
differences won't go away unless you specify where and how did I offend
anyone.

Alan McGovern-2 wrote:

>  You didn't actually state your real issue until your fourth
> post (7th post on the thread). You didn't fully explain your issue
> until your 6th post (13th in the thread).

Wrong: I stated my only issue in post 1. I just wanted to remove the video
portion of Banshee (precisely because I do know OSS developers and fanboys,
and they don't actually want user input unless it's for praising the thing
or mildly disagree with their ideas). Then I was more or less asked why,
then I explained the roots of my opinion. BTW, nobody has actually explained
how the video portion could be removed from Banshee should I wish to remove
it myself. It was so easy and yet the only thing I got was a "look for it
yourself". Speaking about aggressive behaviour...

Alan McGovern-2 wrote:

> As it stands, there is absolutely nothing further to be gained by
> anybody posting further on the issue.

I said that too already, but since you insist in evaluating my attitude, I
hope at least you allow me to defend myself.

Alan McGovern-2 wrote:

> developers, whose opinions are the only ones that really matter ;)

My mistake. I always forget that rule of open source.