Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

Chow Loong Jin wrote:

> Banshee (0.1x.x) was originally a music player, yes. However, as of 1.0,
> it underwent a complete remake of its interface and codebase, and during
> this, it was re-designed as a media player. Hence, when you see the
> Banshee menu entry, it's now called "Banshee Media Player" not "Banshee
> Music Player".
Oh, so this is indeed a media player, not a music player. Then I should say
it's a terrible media player, since it pays little to no attention to other
than music, doesnt' care about pictures, ringtones, gif-animations, flash
movies, cubic panoramas and many other types of media... Since ordinary
users like myself understand a 1.0 version of any software is final (meaning
at least *design* is finished), let me just suggest you read again the whole
thread and see how it's poorly designed as a media player, while it would
make a great music player.

Chow Loong Jin wrote:

> Either way, the video playing option is here to stay, and whatever you
> say is not going to change it. If you don't want to use the video
> playing option, just don't use it damnit. Don't go kicking up a fuss
> just because you see some feature you don't use in a program that other
> people may use.

That was tactful and sweet.

BTW: I know I can go find another piece of software to manage my music
library. It's just that I found Banshee interesting. Now the development
will probably spend so many resources trying to fix the video patch that
I'll probably finally be forced to leave and I am very sorry for that. It
was a nice design.