Re: [orca-list] Should Orca present live regions on non-active tabs? (was Re: Orca reads contents of non-active tab)

I'm not sure if this applies or not, but as someone else has said, the ability to hear incoming messages in Pidgin was incredibly useful to me when I was working in a company that used IRC heavily. I couldn't imagine doing my job and staying up on top of all of the conversations I had to participate in if I had to jump between every open conversation every few minutes just to see if someone had said something recently. Similarly in the use case that Peter mentions below, I can see a situation where I'd definitely want to be getting updates on a document where I was collaborating with others while I went off to check my email or read something on wikipedia. If possible, I'd say this should be a toggle and the default should be off.