Re: BonoboControl without BonoboWindow in GNOME2 - any better than in GNOME1?

Hi

> > Actually, you ignored my last mail with very important question: can I add
> > Dock/Toolbar (populated by BonoboControl) to my dialog? If yes - how?
> 	The answer is no. Not currently, not without using private API.
:-E Could you please put it into TODO list for bonobo?:)

> 	Very odd; presumably the GGV control is doing the popup itself though ?
> presumably it's just not responding to the button press somehow (and/or
> doing the popup). Are you getting the mouse event ? [ killall -9
> bonobo-activation-server, export BONOBO_ACTIVATION_DEBUG_OUTPUT=1, and
> run the control from the console to get debug messages out ;-].
I tried. But ggv is not too versatile about debug messages. The only
message (at control initialization) I see is:

(ggv-postscript-viewer:5482): GGV-CRITICAL **: file
ggv-postscript-view.c: line
1512 (ggv_postscript_view_set_zoom_factor): assertion `zoom_factor >
0.0' failed

That's it. No mouse messages at all. Where should I see these mouse
events?

> 	I'm confused about how EOG is related to GGV - or is this for the
> shared container thing ?
They are not related AFAIK. I was just comparing 2 controls in order to
understand what's problem of my container and what's the problem of the
control (you know, if 2 controls have same problem - there are better
chances it is my code which is broken and vice versa - if only 1 control
of 2 have strange behavior...).

> 	Also; if you re-configure ORBit2 with --enable-debug=true (make clean ;
> make install) and do export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces - do you get interesting
> output ? what is the difference in this case between the two ?
I reinstalled ORBit (with debug). Where should I look at the result of
ORBIT2_DEBUG envvar?

Thanks for the patience,

--
Sergey