Re: BonoboControl without BonoboWindow in GNOME2 - any better than in GNOME1?

Hi Sergey,

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:53, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> 2. On the client side, in the code (not UI), get the the list of possible verbs
> for the control (as array or list or something). So I'd manually create some
> panel of buttons:
>
> [Zoom In][Zoom Out][Prev Page][Next Page][Rotate 90][Rotate 180][Rotate 270]
>
> and in their handlers would emit corresponding verbs. And do all this stuff
> without any BonoboWindow.

	Why do you want to manually construct these ? surely the person that
knows what UI they want to present can do this themselves. This
interaction makes no sense:

	A				B
		-> get verbs ->
		<- return verbs <-
	construct UI
		-> emit verb ->

This does make sense:

	A				B
		<- add UI <-
		-> emit verb ->

> So if you could give me any ideas about #2 - I'd be very grateful. Both
> of the schemes you provided cannot help me. Or.. wait, in scheme a)
> ControlFrame gets the XML from the Control. Get I get my hands on it
> somehow? And can I make scheme a) working without BonoboWindow?

	See how the panel does it. That works without BonoboWindow, and allows
the panel to add items to the popups used by the applets. It uses the
2nd interaction I showed you.

	Then again - perhaps if you explained what you want to do in end user,
solution neutral terms I could tackle the problem more easily :-)

	HTH,