Re: BonoboControl without BonoboWindow in GNOME2 - any better than in GNOME1?

Hi Sergey,

	NB. (not Gustavo ;-).

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 15:10, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> Wait, wait. BonoboUIEngine can handle some set (GSList) of components. So either
> the whole semantics of the bonobo_ui_engine_exec_verb does not make sense - or
> the verb should be issued to ALL components known to the engine. If latter, it
> will be just copying of real_exec_verb - but instead of one Bonobo_UIComponent,
> where will be cycle on BonoboUIEnginePrivate->components (do I get it right that
> each of them is Bonobo_UIComponent?). Probably there should be some static function:

	Right; you're in just the right area. We tend to emit the verb / event
to the node that we know registered that item - and no others. Of
course, in this case we don't know which component that was. So we need
to work it out from the verb; (I forgot that slight added complexity),

	So we need something like:

	char *path = g_strconcat ("/commands/", verb, NULL);
	BonoboUINode *node = bonobo_ui_xml_get_path (
		engine->priv->tree, path);

	impl_emit_verb_on (engine, node);

	Something like that for 'event' too I imagine.

> used by both real_exec_verb and bonobo_ui_engine_exec_verb. Do I get
> the whole idea right? If yes, the same applies to ui_event functions.

	I think it's best to emit to just the last owner of the verb; but yes -
you're on target :-)

	Thanks,