Re: BonoboControl without BonoboWindow in GNOME2 - any better than in GNOME1?

Hi Sergey,

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 09:51, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> Cool. But all this is good for the "server side" - for the Control
> itself. But on the "client side" the solution is not evident - I want
> to get the list of verbs to build some panel full of buttons...

	Sigh - I think I'm not understanding you that well.

	There are 2 ways of doing popups:

a)
	ControlFrame			Control

	create UIContainer
	(usu. BonoboWindow):
		->	getUIContainer  ->
		<-	addUIComponent	<-
		<-	push xml	<-
	add own xml
	get X button event
	do_popup
		->	emit verb	->
					do verb.

or:

b)
	ControlFrame			Control

		<- getPopupUIContainer <-
		-> addUIComponent	->
		->   push xml		->
					add own xml
					get X button event
					do popup
		<-	emit verb	<-
	do the verb

	Do you see ?

	Perhaps you can add this to the documentation in some prettier form.
You really don't want to be going around creating your own UIContainers
though - there is not enough API exposed to make that a really useful
thing to do.

	HTH,