Re: BonoboControl without BonoboWindow in GNOME2 - any better than in GNOME1?

Hi Sergey,

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 12:57, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> Actually, you ignored my last mail with very important question: can I add
> Dock/Toolbar (populated by BonoboControl) to my dialog? If yes - how?

	The answer is no. Not currently, not without using private API.

> Also, yesterday I found more funny stuff in comparison of EOG and GGV:
>
> 1. (mentioned before) GGV does not show popup menu when used as control - but
> EOG does (Zoom In/Zoom Out/... - total 4 items)

	Very odd; presumably the GGV control is doing the popup itself though ?
presumably it's just not responding to the button press somehow (and/or
doing the popup). Are you getting the mouse event ? [ killall -9
bonobo-activation-server, export BONOBO_ACTIVATION_DEBUG_OUTPUT=1, and
run the control from the console to get debug messages out ;-].

> 2. When I append my items to the menu (bonobo_ui_util_set_ui IIRC) - GGV
> actually shows the popup menu with my items - but EOG still keeps its own 4
> items, ignores my additions.

	I'm confused about how EOG is related to GGV - or is this for the
shared container thing ?

> The life is really interesting. And bonobo controls make it even more funny:)

	Also; if you re-configure ORBit2 with --enable-debug=true (make clean ;
make install) and do export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces - do you get interesting
output ? what is the difference in this case between the two ?

	HTH,