[Glade-users] How to simultaneously minimize/iconify windows

Hi Scot,

Have not done this exactly.  But you will need to keep track of all your
windows and in the action where you select to minimize the window your
callback function would run down the list of windows you have open and
iconify each window or hide each window.  When you expand the window you
would run the list again and unhide or show each window again.

This is what I done. In the 'state-event' event of my main window, I
filter interesting events (iconify). On this event, I call a function
which calls 'gtk_window_iconify' for all of my others windows.

Problem: iconifying is cascaded (one window at a time) thus this is quite
slow.

And, Glade does that without any extra code. How ?

I sort of did this in one program where I canceled an action and needed
to destroy a couple of windows that had been opened to perform that
action.  In the cancel callback function I checked for each window and
issued the destroy call for each if it was open.

It seems that iconifying is not as instantaneous as canceling.

Thanks, Romain.
--
Romain Li�vin :               <roms lievin net>
Web site :              http://www.lievin.net