Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On Sun, 2017-03-19 at 11:26 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
It's so bad that, as others have said, it has now become the
"standard" in business circles to top post and include absolutely
everything from the message they are replying to

What I dislike a little bit are HTML formatted private mails using
Windows font smilies, but what I really hate are business mails that
expect me to load remote content and/or with long irrelevant
multilingual disclaimers.

This email was intended for the recipients only ;). Why don't they add
this to snailmail, too? Why don't they add photocopies with the full
quoted correspondence to snailmail as well?

For snailmail the "your reference" approach works. Some companies use
this approach for emails, too, instead of quoting the full
correspondence with multiple copies of footnotes/signatures.

And to get this back on topic a bit.  We still haven't heard from
anyone who uses digests as to why they prefer to use them.

IIRC at least one digest user mentioned that s/he only sometimes read
mails from lists, which actually was the reason to chose digest. Maybe a
lot if digest users didn't notice this thread, _or_ there are simply not
many subscribers who receive digest.

Maybe Patrick simply could disable digest for testing purpose ;).

Regards,
Ralf