Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:20:39 -0400, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
I try to only use open source applications for my email reading,
Evolution, K9 on Android and Pine on Linux over ssh.

My point which you missed is that Evolution is not available
everywhere, and expecting everybody to be able to filter mail based on
what is available in Evolution is unreasonable.

Hi,

you only care about yourself, try to see the whole situation for users
of such MUAs.

I for example use an iPad. The iPad doesn't provide sane filter to
folder options. I decided against digest, because communication works
much faster without the delay caused by collecting messages for the
digest. To make it neat, the iPad's MUA collects the mails by thread
related folders. If threading is broken, this doesn't work. Replies to
digest tend to break the thread more often, than non-digest replies. To
make a long story short, especially when using a tablet PC's or mobile
phone's MUA without good filter to folder options, the thread is much
more important, so digest is much more an issue for those MUAs and far
away from being a solution to improve the workflow. By good sense, I've
got no doubt, a minority of subscribers share your opinion, but also
without doubts, most users don't. I'm not per se against digest, but
you example is an argument con digest and not pro.

Regards,
Ralf