Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 02:34:26 -0600, Anton W. Schenker wrote:
(and preferably *not* top posted, although I have sadly given up on
that...Thanks Microsoft Outlook and Gmail and Yahoo mail)

When I needed to use Outlook express (I never used Outlook), I wasn't
forced to top post. I have got Yahoo/Rocketmail accounts. The
Yahoo/Rocketmail web interface doesn't force to top post. Most
computer users simply prefer top posting, the blame is on them, at
least not on Outlook express and Yahoo and I doubt that Outlook or
the Gmail web interface or mobile apps for Yahoo and Gmail enforce
top positing. You can't blame software, or web interface design for
user preferences.

Ah, yes. I haven't used Microsoft for quite a while. I did quite like
Outlook Express. Lean and worked reasonably well. No it did not force
top-posting, but full Outlook used to position the cursor at the top of
the email, (and yes it was so people could trim email), then respond.
Of course, no one did, and businesses often *required* people to top-
post. I just find that it breaks the flow of reading queries and
replies in a longer conversational exchange, but the generally in
business people just want the answer fast at the top and don't care
about readability later on when one needs to go through an archive. Oh
well, your right, the blame is on them, (and lack of training or
understanding).

As far as I have found, I could not for the life of me figure out how
to get the mobile Gmail app (or a few other android mobile apps) to
allow bottom-posting. (Multiple accounts, yes, good, but only top-
posting). Perhaps I missed some configuration. That is why (one of the
many reasons) I use K9-mail.

Also Geary email client for PCs cannot bottom-post. I so very much do
*not* enjoy the web interface of ALL the email providers, large and
small, that I have lost touch of what they provide, regarding
composition interface, (plus I like to be able to compose my emails
offline on many occasions when in the country on limited connectivity),
hence, not using the web interface. Also people I set up computers for
tend to prefer an email client. (Here Evo works well, as all buttons
and functions are clear and simple).
Anyway, thus far what I have discovered in the world of mobile email
apps.
--
Anton Schenker
Email 1:  anton4linux gmail com