Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 03:56:04 -0600, Anton W. Schenker wrote:
Sorry, I don't really have a solution for you. Perhaps someone else can
think of something.

I'm neither using digest, nor do I often use a mobile device to read
mails. As you already pointed out, a solution would be to have a
separated email address, if somebody does use POP for mailing lists
with much traffic on a mobile device. For this purpose I don't use a
separated email addresses, instead I'm using threads. On my PC I
usually don't sort by threads, but on the iPad I do, so for me it
would be an advantage, if digest would be disabled, since digest
replies tend to break threads.

FWIW on the iPad I even don't receive mails from all my accounts. I
only receive mails from two important accounts. People subscribed to
this list might not necessarily read mails from this list on a mobile
device. In the exceptional case users experience an issue with their PC
or laptop and can't use Evolution, but need help from the list, they
could use the ISP's web interface to ask a question and to read mails
they even could read the mailing list archive.