Re: [Evolution] Idealism face plants against asphalt [Was: downloads page]

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 22:29 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:
So each time Evolution produces a new release then we all just change
distro (except those using a rolling release, if it's one that has
upgraded).

I for example don't report each minor bug to a bug tracker. I'm using
latest version of Evolution, but I also could live with an outdated
version from e.g. Ubuntu and indeed, I share the pop/smpt mail folder by
Arch and Debian/Ubuntu using different releases of Evolution.

If you don't need latest features and you won't report each minor bug,
then there's no need for "version hunting". Distros have reasons to ship
with "outdated" software.

Ubuntu has got many official "subgroups" such as Xubuntu, Edubuntu,
Ubuntu Studio, you likely will find a team that isn't conform with Steve
Bill Shuttleworth or what ever his first names are.