Re: Font Preferences Dialog Proposal Re: Font Configuration Applet

Yesterday at 21:01, Enver ALTIN wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 20:50 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
>> If we're to get rid of these purely technical selections, we'd need
>> to select one to rule them all.  I prefer "light" (or whatever it is
>> in English, second option) forms on my LCD with sub-pixel rendering
>> on.  What about others, what selections did you make?
>
> Here I have sub-pixel rendering on and full autohinter selected here.
> Just tried *slight* to see if it changes things a bit, but it did not. I
> guess that's because of sub-pixel rendering.

I have sub-pixel rendering on as well, so you're probably using
FreeType with bytecode interpreter and fonts with hinting instructions
in them (I tend to use fonts without hints, so I get auto-hinting).

I should also note that I see very slight differences, but enough
to make me prefer "slight" (no pun intended) with DejaVu and Computer
Modern Unicode fonts.

Cheers,
Danilo