Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

 apibuild.py really doesn't need to be run except when preparing some
kind of release, and well I do them in in-source builds so the status
quo sounds fine to me. To some extend apibuild.py and symbols.xml are
contracts, release contracts, and really should not be updated on casual
commits to he tree in my opinion.

Okay, that's a fair call. I have one more patch for now, then:

doc/Makefile.am:

* Ensure that xmlversion.h is in srcdir when building libxml2-api.xml
  (this will give an error in out-of-source builds, but it at least
  ensures that we don't generate an incorrect XML file that doesn't know
  about xmlversion.h)

* Updated the .PHONY target, as none of the targets it listed exist
  anymore

doc/devhelp/Makefile.am:

* Enclose the regeneration rule in "if REBUILD_DOCS" to keep things simple
  when configured without --enable-rebuild-docs

* Added a "rebuild" target like the one in doc/Makefile.am, as this is
  convenient

doc/examples/index.py:

* index.html needs to be in EXTRA_DIST, otherwise we get an error in the
  install-data-local rule when we try to install $(srcdir)/*.html

* Enclose the regeneration rules in "if REBUILD_DOCS"

Don't forget to re-run index.py, and check in updates of the files it
generates. In particular, doc/examples/Makefile.am in git is still buggy.
(The only reason I didn't send in a patch for it is because it's a
generated file.)

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || danielg teragram com || Software Developer
Teragram Linguistic Technologies (a division of SAS)