Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 04:51:31PM -0400, Daniel Richard G. wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Makefile:949: recipe for target `gen_prog' failed

Before that, there is:

Found 1607 functions in libxml2-api.xml
Found 55 functions in libxml2-python-api.xml
Generated 889 wrapper functions, 557 failed, 216 skipped

Humpf, thanks for the report. Daniel, would you mind looking at this ?

(Please Cc: me if you'd like me to jump into a thread, otherwise
it's all too easy to miss a nudge like this!)

  yeah, sorry, I forgot !

Can't reproduce here. It's not a Python-version thing; I can run
generator.py just fine with 2.4.4.

(To Michael Ludwig: You didn't see a stack trace or anything? Could
you poke around generator.py to see why it's returning non-zero?)

Is there a reason why libxml2-py.c doesn't go into the distribution
tarball? (It's specified as nodist_libxml2mod_la_SOURCES in
python/Makefile.am.) I didn't address this earlier, but if the dist
were to bundle everything in $(GENERATED)---and I don't see a reason
why not--- end users who download a tarball wouldn't have to
generate files at all, and this kind of problem wouldn't come up in
the first place.

  I'm fine adding it to the tarball if people think it's better for
portability !

I'd be happy to provide a patch, but the "nodist" question needs
answering first...

  To be honnest I don't remember why it ended up that way, maybe because
since it's generated and was looking eas to regenerate once people
have Python installed, I didn't looked further.

Daniel