Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Is there a reason why libxml2-py.c doesn't go into the distribution tarball? (It's specified as nodist_libxml2mod_la_SOURCES in python/Makefile.am.) I didn't address this earlier, but if the dist were to bundle everything in $(GENERATED)---and I don't see a reason why not---end users who download a tarball wouldn't have to generate files at all, and this kind of problem wouldn't come up in the first place.

 I'm fine adding it to the tarball if people think it's better for
portability !

Okay, I've re-worked python/Makefile.am---see attached.

With this, the makefile bundles all generated files into the distribution, so end users building the Python module don't need to regenerate any source files.

There's some clean-up in there, too.

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || danielg teragram com || Software Developer
Teragram Linguistic Technologies (a division of SAS)