Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Makefile:949: recipe for target `gen_prog' failed

Before that, there is:

Found 1607 functions in libxml2-api.xml
Found 55 functions in libxml2-python-api.xml
Generated 889 wrapper functions, 557 failed, 216 skipped

 Humpf, thanks for the report. Daniel, would you mind looking at this ?

(Please Cc: me if you'd like me to jump into a thread, otherwise it's all too easy to miss a nudge like this!)

Can't reproduce here. It's not a Python-version thing; I can run generator.py just fine with 2.4.4.

(To Michael Ludwig: You didn't see a stack trace or anything? Could you poke around generator.py to see why it's returning non-zero?)

Is there a reason why libxml2-py.c doesn't go into the distribution tarball? (It's specified as nodist_libxml2mod_la_SOURCES in python/Makefile.am.) I didn't address this earlier, but if the dist were to bundle everything in $(GENERATED)---and I don't see a reason why not--- end users who download a tarball wouldn't have to generate files at all, and this kind of problem wouldn't come up in the first place.

I'd be happy to provide a patch, but the "nodist" question needs answering first...

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || danielg teragram com || Software Developer
Teragram Linguistic Technologies (a division of SAS)