Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:33:17PM -0400, Daniel Richard G. wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

Is there a reason why libxml2-py.c doesn't go into the
distribution tarball? (It's specified as
nodist_libxml2mod_la_SOURCES in python/Makefile.am.) I didn't
address this earlier, but if the dist were to bundle everything
in $(GENERATED)---and I don't see a reason why not---end users
who download a tarball wouldn't have to generate files at all,
and this kind of problem wouldn't come up in the first place.

I'm fine adding it to the tarball if people think it's better for
portability !

Okay, I've re-worked python/Makefile.am---see attached.

With this, the makefile bundles all generated files into the
distribution, so end users building the Python module don't need to
regenerate any source files.

There's some clean-up in there, too.

  Okay, thanks ! seems to work fine.
My last annoyance ATM with makefiles is devhelp files being rebuilt
systematically, even on a just built tree or if running "make check"

  Any idea what might have introduced this ;-) ?

Daniel