Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 05:17:40PM EST, Halim Sahin wrote:
Hello Luke,
On Fr, Dez 18, 2009 at 03:53:07 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:

As an initial patch, it certainly works very well. No break up of
audio being sent to pulse, and generally ok responsiveness. However,
when reviewing lines of text in the terminal for example, it doesn't
stop speaking the previous text and speak the new text quickly enough
for my taste, and flushing speech by pressing control takes a bit too
long too.

I can't confirm this!
Interupting speech works reliable here under Gentoo with pulse 0.9.19.
However we should try to find the reason for this.

Ok, what version of espeak are you using, and what backend is espeak compiled with, i.e, is it using
portaudio 18/19, or pulseaudio? I am using espeak 1.41.01, pulseaudio v0.9.21, and espeak is built against
portaudio v19.

Luke