Re: [orca-list] [ANNOUNCE] libao (new audio driver for speechd including working pulseaudio support).

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 02:23:27AM EST, Marco Skambraks wrote:
cool feedback - thanks
if you want to try different settings for latency etc.
you can change the define in speechd/src/audio/libao.c
#define AO_SEND_BYTES 256

if you reduce this value 128,64,32 ... and re-compile speechd
you can generate a faster resonse play/stop

I will be testing this patch myself today, and will integrate it if things appear to be favourable, and by
all indications they will be. I will then make this option configurable via the speechd configuration system,
so people can tweak it to their satisfaction, and so that we can set a sensible default for Ubuntu Lucid.

Luke