Re: Orca newbi: need help on finding dependencies for orca setup for ubuntu

Hi,

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
Ubuntu Edgy has Firefox 2.0 beta 1. Our plan is to continue to add bug
fixing updates to this branch toward the final release of Ubuntu 6.10 at
the end of October.

Sweet. I really like the idea you guys at Ubuntu are working Firefox 2.0 in to Edgy. It will really help with web browsing in Linux.

Those who have tested OpenOffice (2.0.4) in Edgy with Orca report good
results (it seems to me to work as well, though I'm not a screen reader
user so no expert).

Hmmm... I heard OpenOffice was moving away from the java access bridge. Is this truly the case? If so that means that Edgy's version of OpenOffice should work out of the box, and I am glad to here that OpenOffice 2.0 is planned for Edgy. The more I hear about Edgy the more I think I need to try the current Edgy test release.