Re: Orca newbi: need help on finding dependencies for orca setup for ubuntu

Well, there are a few reasons why not. Firefox 1.5 is the most stable
version of Firefox at current, and it makes sense why it was included in
Dapper. However, v1.8 is more accessible all be it less stable. I'm
certain as soon as it is stable enough to be included it will be.
well, I hope it is available late this year at least with edgy?
Some applications require the Java access bridge. Since the Sun JRE is
under a different license it can not be included with Linux out of the
box, but Ubuntu is good about keeping a Universe repository for more
commercialized apps. I am certain someone could make a
java-access-bridge.deb package and put it in the universe repository for
an apt-get install.
That's a brillient idea, if some how I get my ubuntu desktop talking
(and please all wish for my luck) I will be the first person to do a
deb package for java access bridge.
by the way I have a jdk-1.5.0.08.bin downloaded from the java.sun.com
web site.  can I use that to install a jdk?  or there is some thing
else I should get?

First off, I
find the open office compiled  by the folks at openoffice.org is more
accessible and works better with accessibility than does the one that
ships with Linux distributions. Not to mention you can get the latest
versions which are better yet. The only major thing you need is the Sun
JRE, java runtime environment, and the java-access-bridge.
As I know of know deb packages for the java-access-bridge you would
likely have to compile which requires the build-essential and
gnome-devel package groups as well as the Sun jdk 1.5 which are not
installed on a standard Ubuntu 6.06 install.
is there at least a package for gnome-devel package available?
by the way I would like to know the url for the univerce reposetory?

Generally speaking if you want to stay up to date with access changes
with Firefox it is best to build from the 1.8 nightly builds.
is there a link to download the nightly deb packages?  or is there
source code only for such task?
well, I am going to install dapper again tomorrow since I believe that
I have changed things a lot.
so it is a complete mess right now.
by the way I got a few python packages including python-support (I
can't recall the name exactly) and python devel along with the main
python package.
can any one list some more which I will need for getting orca running?
it turns out that on ubuntu 6.06.1 python was not there by default
and so I can't install orca?
I am not interested in development right now so please at least
provide me the names of those python deb packages that I will need to
runn orca.
thanking all,
Krishnakant.