Re: Orca newbi: need help on finding dependencies for orca setup for ubuntu

On 28/08/06, Thomas Ward <tward1978 earthlink net> wrote:
Hi krishnakant,
As I recall if you are installing from *.deb packages all you need is
the gnome-orca-0.2.5.deb package or later for Ubuntu 6.06.After you grab
it off the net do a
dpkg -i gnome-orca-0.2.5.deb
to install it from gnome-terminal.
Ok so does that mean that I don't need any thing else to download?
does the package for orca also contain festival and the related voices?
does it also contain gnome-speech?
If you want to compile from raw source you'll need allot of packages,
and far to many to list here. However, you will need all the basic build
packages, gnome-devel, python-dev, etc if you wish to compile orca.
no, I don't wish to compile it from source at list right now.  but do
I need the .deb packages for orca, or are they installed by default on
ubuntu?
if no then how will just downloading the orca package work for me?
I am asking because I am just a bit confused?
As far as starting orca properly do the following
1. login to your user account.
2. Press alt+f2 for run.
3. Type gnome-terminal.
4. Press enter.
5. With a terminal window open type orca.
I heard from another tutorial that I also have to runn some setup command?
will I need it hear?
thanks,
and yes how are you doing these days thomas?  nice to hear from you again.
Krishnakant.