Re: [MM qmi-support] "Set Operating Mode" on shutdown and more..

On 08/30/2012 02:10 PM, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> Den 30. aug. 2012 14:05, skrev Aleksander Morgado:
>> On 08/30/2012 01:30 PM, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
>>> For the Sierra MC7710, it also does not work:
>>>
>>> $ mmcli -m 0 --set-preferred-mode 4g --set-allowed-modes 4g
>>>
>>> That is also strange, as it is possible to set preference using custom
>>> AT command AT!SELRAT (or maybe it is only allowed modes?). Are you sure
>>> it is working?
>>>
>>> I also see that not all combinations work. 3g and 4g allowed are okay,
>>> but not:
>>>
>>> --set-allowed-modes='3g|4g'
>>> error: couldn't set allowed modes:
>>> 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Unsupported:
>>> Setting allowed modes is not supported by this device'

This message is a bit misleading. Setting allowed modes *is* supported
by the device, just the specific combination passed is not supported.

>>> Also this works:
>>>
>>> $ mmcli -m 0 --set-allowed-modes='2g|3g|4g'
>>> successfully set allowed modes in the modem
>> Are all these previous outputs from the Sierra MC7710?
>>
>> BTW, if you set only one value as allowed-mode, there's no need to set a
>> preferred-mode.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

> Yes, but it seems like it works almost as the ZTE modem, both not able
> to set preference (the default preference is probably LTE->3G->2G).

Interesting to see that 2g|3g|4g is supported but just 3g|4g isn't. I
bet that 2g|3g is supported.

I just checked and there's currently no support for 'preferred' mode
when using the "Set Technology Preference" QMI command (which is the
default command used, even if deprecated). When using the new "Set
System Selection Preference" (if you configure including
--with-newest-qmi-commands, which I wouldn't do yet), we do use the
preferred setup to select between 2G or 3G ("GSM/WCDMA acquisition order
preference"), but that doesn't apply to 4G either.

--
Aleksander