Re: [MM qmi-support] "Set Operating Mode" on shutdown and more..

> though,

>> > After this step, is it supposed to be possible to run a DHCP query
>> > against the wwan0 device? When I try, it just hangs (No response to
>> > DHCPDISCOVER). All look fine in the ModemManager output ((9/9): All
>> > done), and connection works fine with the same version of libqmi with
>> > the script that does this instead of the above steps:
>> >
>> > echo AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.netcom.no
> <http://internet.netcom.no>" > /dev/ttyUSB2
>> > qmi-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 start
>> >
>> > (I used 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect="apn=internet.netcom.no
> <http://internet.netcom.no>")
>> >

>> No, the 'qmi-support' branch is still not able to get you connected,
>> work is still in progress. Whenever it's ready, hopefully during the
>> following weeks, I will let you know in the ML.
>
> I actually got the connection up now using the method above (mmcli +
> ifup wwan0) so it seems to be close to functional now.

Regarding connectivity; QMI-powered MM is fully functional. Missing
things include messaging and location, which are scheduled for next weeks.

> How is the status of a NM that can use this new MM? Which parts/tasks
> are missing there?

Like, everything is missing. The idea is to modify NM to talk to MM
through the new libmm-glib. My personal list of things TODO includes now
2 big items only: multipart support merge in MM git master and then the
NM integration. Any help with the second one is very appreciated, now
that all MM plugins are ported.

> Btw: seems like the latest MM branch code did not build.

Make sure you have the latest libqmi (from git master) before trying to
build the qmi-support branch in ModemManager :-)

--
Aleksander