Re: Gnumeric 1.7.11 for Windows?

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:58:24PM -0500, David Stanaway wrote:
Pedro Lino wrote:

I referred to the inability to create graphs as a strong reason to create
a new binary for win32 users. I don't consider fixing a feature that used
to work a feature request.

I tried successfully to create a graph in 1.7.11 (I install 1.7.10 and
overwrote C:\Gnumeric with the contents of the 1.7.11 build).

He's refering to a problem in older version of goffice that would
look for the chart icons in the wrong place.  Charts could imported,
but the guru was broken.  Your installation of 1.7.11 fixed that.

What I can't see how to do is create a chart as a sheet - is that what
you are trying to do? Or was it a different type of chart.

That is still not properly supported.  We have a cheesy hack to
import them from xls as empty worksheets with no grids, but that is
ugly.

That is certainly the major problem. None of you are developing on (or
even have access to) a Windows machine. One action that is guaranteed to
crash Gnumeric under Windows is just to Change Paper Type...
With our switch to GtkPrint this at least should be fixed.
Unfortunately that has broken other things .... but we're moving
forward.

Okay - this is still broken - when I change from the default to A4, and
click OK - crash, also if I click on page preview - crash.
Interesting I'll try to replicate.

One note from the 1.7.11 win32 build - it had a bad symlink

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Isabella\My
Documents\gnumeric-1.7.11.tar.bz2: Cannot open libpng12-config
(gnumeric\bin\libpng-config --> libpng12-config)
!   C:\Documents and Settings\Isabella\My
Documents\gnumeric-1.7.11.tar.bz2: Symbolic link points to missing file

Know problem.  That's what happens when I manually prune a full
build.